BGC SUMMERSIDE LOCATION:
Job Title: Breakfast and After School Programming Staff
Classification: Permanent, Part-Time
Wage $15.00/hour – minimum of 25 hours per week
Breakfast Program Hours: 7:00am-9:00am Monday to Friday
After School Program Hours: 2:30-5:30pm Monday to Friday
Summary of Position
The primary function of the breakfast program is to ensure that children have reliable access to nutritious food in a safe and supportive environment, in order to positively impact health and learning.
The After School Program ensures children receive a healthy snack prepared by the club staff. While at the club the children are able to complete their homework, make crafts in the craft room, play in the gymnasium, play cards/board games, watch a movie in our theatre or go to our local park as part of our structured programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for children to play, learn and grow in.
- Supervise a group of children and youth alongside co-workers.
- Organize and implement fun and safe activities that will meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children and youth in the program.
- Provide nutritious snacks to children and youth in the program.
- Ensure equipment and the facility is clean, well maintained and safe at all times.
- Be a positive guidance and a role model for our members.
- Perform independently as well as part of a team environment.
- Work a flex work schedule (weekdays, weeknights and weekends).
- Perform light maintenance (sweeping, taking out the garbage, wiping down counters etc.)
- Performing other related duties asked by the supervisor.
- Have the ability to develop and implement activities.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal and communications skills.
- Have the ability to work well with co-workers.
- Courteous manners with the public.
- Adherence to board policies, stated hours of work, wearing designated work attire during hours of work.
- Other duties as required but not stated.